Life is sweet. But if accompanied by diabetes, it become bitter to live with.
The Diabetic Association of Dr Jivraj Mehta Smarak Health Foundation (Dr Jivraj Mehta Hospital) strives to infuse hope and peace in even the most severe diabetic cases.
Diabetes or high blood sugar is not at all that fatal by itself. The consequential damages caused to nerves, legs, foot, heart, eyes, kidneys and pancreas is what makes diabetes actually lethal. Therefore, ‘Not only treatment, prevention too’ accentuates the motto of the team to fight this distressing disease.
Diabetes is one of the most widely spread diseases in the world. Though it’s not fatal by itself, it can cause severe damage to nerves, legs, foot, heart, eyes, kidneys and pancreas. The Diabetic Association of Dr Jivraj Mehta Smarak Health Foundation (Dr Jivraj Mehta Hospital) strives to infuse hope and peace in even the most severe diabetic cases.
- Consultation by team of the best diabetologists and endocrinologists of the city
- ECG Resting
- Affordable, beneficial and high quality laboratory facilities for all diabetes related investigations
- Foot Imprinter, Biothesiometry, Vascular Doppler and Color Doppler examination to prevent and treat diabetic foot
- Nerve Conduction velocity studies for diabetic neuropathy and for autonomic neuropathy
- Equipments to assess Insulin resistance and Serum Insulin assays useful for asymptomaticblood relatives of diabetes
- Holter monitor to determine diabetic autonomic neuropathy (one of the causes of sudden cardiac death in a diabetic)
- 2D echo with color Doppler to assess heart pumping (ejection fraction) in a diabetic
- Ophthalmic examination of every diabetic patient
- Facilities of Diabetes Educator and Dietician
- A well equipped diabetic foot clinic
- Doppler: Vascular Doppler
- CANS: Cardio Atonomic Neuropathy Awareness
- CGMS: Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
- Screening for diabetes in asymptomatic persons, especially highrisks groups and first degree relatives of diabetics
- Treatment of diabetes and diabetes related complication
- Attempt to prevent diabetes and care to prevent complications caused by diabetes
- Extensive and elaborate monitoring for in pre-operative and postoperative in diabetes patients
- Giving full understanding of the disease to the patient
- Establishing and applying Indian protocol to fight diabetes
- Research and clinical trials in field of diabetes
- Extensive diabetic education programme, exhibition and online education
- Continuous medical education (CME) programmes for family physician and updates for consultants