Rheumatology is a rapidly revolving medical specialty in India. There are very few good centres for the same in the country. Gujarat, despite its fast growth rate, has an absolute dearth of superspecialists practicing rheumatology.
Dr Jivraj Mehta Smarak Health Foundation (Dr Jivraj Mehta Hospital) can boast of the only rheumatology department in any corporate hospital of Gujarat. has the Dr Jivraj Mehta Smarak Health Foundation (Dr Jivraj Mehta Hospital)’s commitment to heathcare is evident in the fact that it has qualified specialists trained at India’s leading Clinical Immunology Department.
- Strong support of radiology and pathology departments
- Routine immunofluorescene microscopy and auto antibody tests by the pathology department
- CME (Continuing Medical Education) on a regular basis to maintain competence and learn about new and developing areas of the field
- Adequate follow-up and good record keeping, which could contribute to nationalised studies
Treatment of all kinds of rheumatology cases including collagen vascular diseases, various arthritis, vasculitis, soft tissue rheumatism (aches, myalgias, backaches) PUOs, connective tissue diseases, anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome etc.
- Distribution of literature for arthritis patients so that they can adopt their lifestyles accordingly
- The rheumatology department plans to expand our services in the future which can hold geriatric / veterans’ OPDs, physiotherapy sessions, intra-articular injections, visco supplementation